Anne May of Santa Fe Garden Club, Zone XII won Best in Show and the Sandra Baylor Novice Award at the 2017 GCA Annual Meeting Flower Show, Maryland in May. She entered the Maryland Writers and Musicians class and “Tom Clancy” was the writer she chose to interpret. As the judges said, Anne is “clearly and presently no longer a novice!” Congratulations on a job well done! (p.2)
BIS Citation: Chaotic tension of forms have been combined to produce total harmony. (p.11)
STATEMENT OF INTENT: Tom Clancy The father of Techno-Thriller Fiction, Clancy masters chaos! His novels intertwine explosive geo-political suspense, cutting edge weapon systems and tension filled plot twists.
Plant Material: Strelitziae reginae (Bird of Paradise), Phormium tenax (New Zealand Flax or Hapene Leaves)
To stimulate the knowledge and the love of gardening… to restore, improve and protect the environment through programs and action in the fields of conservation, civic improvement, and education.
Support the Santa Fe Garden Club
- Lighthawk Award Recipient – Merry SchroederApril 5, 2019 - 4:33 pm
- Longwood Gardens Fellowship Awarded – Shawna JonesApril 5, 2019 - 3:05 pm
- Anne May’s Philadelphia Flower Show Floral Design interprets Jimmi Hendrix posterMarch 25, 2019 - 9:08 am
- Anne May takes Newport, RI Flower Show Novice Award Design DivisionJune 28, 2018 - 1:46 pm
- Members Having Fun at 2018 Annual GCA Meeting in San FrancisoMay 10, 2018 - 2:16 pm